Monday, February 2, 2009

The Fourth Annual Brigid Cyber Poetry Slam

 

WKD SANDRA CISNEROS

Photo by Eric Gay

"Once Again I Prove the Theory of Relativity"

By Sandra Cisneros

If
you come back
I'd treat you
like a lost Matisse
couch you like a Pasha
dance a Sevillana
leap and backflip like a Taiwanese diva
bang cymbals like a Chinese opera
roar like a Fellini soundtrack
and laugh like the little dog that
watches the cow jump over the moon.


I'd be your clown
I'd tell you funny stories and
paint clouds on the walls of my house
dress the bed in its best linen
And while you slept
I´d hold my breath and watch
you move like a sunflower


How beautiful you are
like the color inside an ear
like a conch shell
like a Modigliani nude


I'll cut a bit of your hair this time
so that you´ll never leave me
Ah, the softest hair
Ah. the softest


If
you came back
I'd give you parrot tulips and papayas
laugh at your stories
Or I wouldn't say a word which,
as you know, is hard for me


I know when you grew tired
off you'd go to Patagonia
Cairo Istanbul
Katmandu
Laredo


Meanwhile
I'll have savored you like an oyster
memorized you
held you under my tongue
learned you by heart
so that when you leave
I'll write poems.

***

Let poetry bless the blogosphere once again!
WHAT: A Bloggers (Silent) Poetry Reading
WHEN: Anytime February 2, 2009
WHERE: Your blog
WHY: To celebrate the Feast of Brigid, aka Groundhog Day
HOW: Select a poem you like - by a favorite poet or one of your own - to post February 2nd.

Moondrummer started this tradition--if you decide to join in, leave a comment for her. I can't wait to read what you post!

0 comments:

 
Clicky Web Analytics